Thursday, March 14, 2024

Thursday's Things......


 We had a light rain early this morning. It might help to cause the rest of the buds to open. The miniature daffodils are fun to see alone with the crocus. 



The drought continues and it shows in the lesser number of  stems of grape hyacinths. They don't look very healthy at this point. I transplanted a lot of these this year but they don't look like they will bloom this season. Maybe next year the new ones will get established enough to put our blooms.




I did get all the pieces to the backsplash glued together.  I am happy with one piece that I glued but the top piece is not right. I will have to do a redesign on it to fix it. I guess I could cut the whole top off and recap it. It is frustrating when wood has so many uneven and twisted qualities that makes things show up out of line and uneven.  When things look accurate but then you glue it and the curve in the wood shows up. It is so frustrating.  I will fix it.  Thanks for stopping by this Thursday.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I agree, it is frustrating, but it still is quite a beautiful job.

Your flowers look wonderful and yes, we need a lot more rain.