Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Work in Progress....


 This morning's view looked like this. The sun is still filtered by the cloud as it seems to be a gentle, hazy day.



This is the same scene exactly one year ago today. I had it on Facebook and they are good at reminding me of memories. Our winter last year did seem to last a lot longer than this year's did. 



As I work on projects that I design, I usually let things cure for a while in my mind. This is what it looked like yesterday, backsplash for the chest of drawers. 



Twenty four hours later I changed some things. I first shortened the height by two inches. Secondly a made a piece for the front bottom to strengthen it when I attach it plus it is traditional in the design as I looked at other antique pieces that I have.  Thirdly I shrunk the size of the top cap a little.  I don't have walnut wood molding but that will have to be the substitute. 


It took me all morning to make the saw cut changes and then I sanded everything with two grades of sandpaper with my power sander.  Perhaps tomorrow I can get everything glued together with clamps and let it dry.  I have to research the finish that I used on the chest of drawers. I know I have written it down in one of my blogs or on Facebook.  I do think I can remember it even though I have a dozen different cans of stain on my shelves.  I really like my redesign and am excited to get it finished up.


I will finish off with a set of indoor flowers. I like the colors and they have lasted a longer time than usual. Thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice back on the dresser! You made a great design!

Val Ewing said...

Beautiful work!

Yes, last year we still had quite a bit of snow, in fact I took my youngest son and his girl for a hike in the ice caves and it was cold and snowy!