Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Middle of the Week....


 I just caught this for a short moment.  I looked out and grabbed the camera.  I waited about ten more minutes and took another shot.  The color was gone fifteen  minutes later as the cloud cover shut down the light. 



I catch videos on my computer of people hitting garage sales. They are looking for things that they can resale on the net. I am seeing a lot of different things that I have also. This of course comes with a story. I found this in an auction box from  a farm sale in southern Iowa. It had to be in the early1970s.


The textured smoky glass was hard to photograph. I use to keep pennies in it at the old place and then it got moved down to our new place. It was randomly displayed on a shelf on the downstairs floor and I just happen to see it. I had to take some shots. 



Another item sitting on a shelf near the glass one is this pitcher. It has Guadalupe stamped on the bottom of it. I got it at an antique store years ago. I know that it is not silver but it a metal. The hinge is broken on it so I am sure that is why I could afford to buy it. 



Another old piece is this pitcher.  It was gifted to me from a woman my parent's age. She was an antique loving person and I learned a lot from her. She picked up furniture at farm sales for very little money back then. She is the one that had a small chest with carved handles. The chest was the reminder when I was given my walnut chest of drawers.  The pitcher was given me in 1972 and June said she had hust cleaned it, I should get out polish and try to improve it.

We don[t look like spring yet like this painting that I did a few years back. I am seeing some leaves starting to bud and have a green cast to them. I do have a redbud tree that might look similar to the one in the painting. The buds are just starting to form.  We are having a cold day today with the high being 41°F. and maybe snow and rain will be in our future. We need moisture.  

Thanks for stopping by today.


No comments: