Monday, July 27, 2009

Everywhere but......

not in the backyard...
I have a few stray pictures of things going on out and about on my two lots, but not in the backyard. The roma tomatoes are really taking off and I can't guess when they will turn red. I have blogs that I follow who are eating ripe tomatoes, but that isn't happening yet here.
I couldn't find a big flag that worked for my porch this year so I am using the smaller version. They look great with the geraniums on my porch.
I am a design freak and I know that it is just a birdfeeder. But my wife gave this to me as a gift many years ago and it is a great Asian design. I like good design and in the winter the birds really like it. I am not getting many takers this summer so I couldn't take a bird picture with it.
I really like this coneflower color but will investigate getting another color. The one in the background is not a white one but is young and will turn color.
I bought this coreopsis new this spring and it is doing well. I put it in a spot that filled in fast so I thing I am going to have to move it. I had dead yucca plants in the area and apparently a stray root that I didn't get dug out has decide to come up in gang busters. I am glad I will have new yucca plants there but coreopsis is feeling very crowded.


Finally, this is an old photo of my lilies coming up in the front yard. This is what they looked like early spring. I will show you soon what has happened to them. Tomorrow.......oh yes, thanks for reading.....

2 comments:

The Retired One said...

Don't worry...our tomatoes are just now BLOOMING...no actual tomatoes are even forming yet, so you are miles ahead of us! I love the oriental bird feeder too.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Our tomatoes are mostly green too. I've picked a few small cherry type, but that's it. I can't believe all the lilies, it must look pretty in bloom!