Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tiger lilies, not.....

I have had these lilies for almost thirty years. I know they are Asiatic lilies, but are they a tiger lily also? I had never thought about it before but tiger lilies have more curved leaves. I guess I am asking a dumb question. They really have multiplied and are very thick. When the entire bunch is blooming I will show them to you. Note the friendly fly. I took two different photos and both of them had flies on them. Thanks for reading....

PS. By the time you see this my wife and I should be on our way home from Duluth, Minnesota. A couple of days out of Iowa and up on the harbor watching the big ships come in, visiting the neat shops, a neat park on the shore, drinking coffee outside on a patio, and just relaxing will be great. They have a beautiful rose garden on top of a freeway and we may see Splitrock Lighthouse. We will be taking our little dog too, and Barnie will have made new friends at the kennel. He loves seeing many dogs of all kinds, just like a border collie. We haven't been to the North Shore for so long that we almost couldn't contain ourselves. I am sure that I will have more pictures than you are going to want to see.

2 comments:

The Retired One said...

We are heading to Duluth tomorrow!! Darn...if we had known, we could have met up in Duluth!!!
Our sister-in-law and some cousins live there...we go there often! Let me know when you plan to head there next...maybe we can meet each other...blogger to blogger!!

Erin said...

I did a bit of reading and found this interesting site: http://plantlilies.com/growlilies/9-lilyprimer.html

Asiatics are the hardiest lilies available and are often mistakenly called tiger lilies. Flowers have different bloom orientations and vary dramatically in height and color. There are usually 3-12 flowers per stem, which open from late June through August. Asiatics are very hardy with amazing strength and substance. They are also virtually pest free!

I'm bored at work, can you tell?