Sunday, July 26, 2009

Garden Gate.......

I finally started on Thursday on the gate project by putting primer on it. I had to paint it, as I built it with a recycled piece of plywood material that wasn't weather proof. The top layer on both sides was failing so I have now sealed it with this very expensive outdoor primer.
I had an interesting experience with the Menards guys. They were nice guys but they weren't paying attention. I wanted a quart and I got a gallon. The assistant caught the mistake after it was mixed, and I smiled and said I will go ahead and take it. I did reason that I would be upset if the one quart wasn't enough and if I had to go back to get more then I would be sorry. So, I am planning to add blue as my accent color all over the garden. I may paint a couple of lawn chairs blue and my door on my garden shed. I sound like an interior decorator don't I?
During the process one tends to doubt your decision but I had always thought our sherbet red house and light green shutters could use a blue for an accent to balance the whole scheme. It works. I have seen so many ideas in magazines with seeing people who have rustic wood fences and gates and the gate is painted a nice color.
My Japanese gate is going to be painted blue also. Someone I am married to said that Japanese usually do red doors in their Japanese gardens. Ok, I will have to think about that, I guess I could get a quart of that red too.
Thanks for reading.......

4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love it, and it's just what I pictured. You did a great job.

FlowerLady

A Brit in Tennessee said...

How lovely !
I am considering painting my little garden gate leading down into the woods, a nice shade of blue.
I think your gate looks so enchanting.
Ironically I have done a posting about garden gates yesterday, one of the things in life that make me smaile :)
Can't wait to see more !

The Retired One said...

I love that robin egg blue...it looks great!

Unknown said...

I love the splash of color......nice choice!