Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pears....

I bought two pear trees many years ago. One of them died, so I didn't ever mess with the one as I knew I needed two for pollination. I haven't bothered to prune it and I have rarely seen it in bloom. I am trimming back some of it's branches that are hanging down on the rhubarb and I look up and there is a pear. I couldn't believe it. I then looked around and there are a couple dozen pears on this tree. We had bees this year in plentiful groups which has been rare the last few years. Apparently the neighbors pear trees two hundred yards away behind a very big garage had been visited by the same bees as my pear tree. I have pears. I immediately mixed up a weak small amount of fruit tree spray and sprayed my first pears. Time will tell how this all turns out and if they taste good. I actually think they are bartlett pears and now I will need to prune that tree.


C.S. Lewis wrote a book called Surprised by Joy. I have to title this picture Surprised by Koi. The raccoon didn't get my largest koi. Can you see him in the tank? He is black and white and scared of me. I need to get floating pellets so he has to come to the top of the water to eat. I haven't taken the brick out yet, they look a lot tacky. I had them there to hold down the filter when I first filled the tank.

Here he is when he was in my inside tank. Thanks for reading....

1 comment:

Ezhilan said...

I like your flower pictures.I like the lily pictures.(I have not seen a real one).I like nature and village side, so I like your blog very much.