Thursday, September 2, 2010

Friday's Findings........


It really doesn't take much to draw attention to your store.  This chef was welcoming customers into the food store.


The shoreline of the Atlantic Ocean is one of my main draws to this state as it is far, far away from where I live on the prairie.


The tide was coming in and the white water that it created was great.


I was disappointed that I couldn't find any seaglass along the shoreline that we visited.  I have read a second book about the finding of seaglass, polished broken glass from bottles that are fifty to a hundred years old.  I will share more about seaglass sometime along the way.  It is a fascinating artifact that tells stories of the glass, where it comes from under the water, why it is located on certain beaches and all that each piece can tell you of what it originally was.

These seashells were all that I could find.  When they are wet, they have a much blue color on the edges of them.

Thanks for visiting my blog.  I appreciate your interest and I hope I can continue to give you things to see or to think about............

3 comments:

Sunny said...

I had a huge collection of sea glass that I gave to a friend when I moved from Cape Cod. I wish I had held on to it. It seems some areas are better than others for finding it.
Wonderful pictures of the shoreline.
Hope your family isn't too close to the ocean with Hurricane Earl moving up the coast.
☼ Sunny

The Retired One said...

Oh, Larry, those sea scenes were stunning! Some of your best photos to date!!! Loved them!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Now those are some real rocks..beautiful ocean views. I have never heard of sea glass before..I hope you write more about it someday:)