Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Jet Lag, old age, long airline flights, and......


Reflections of many worlds.  As I sat drinking a Coke across the alley I saw these multiple layers of images in this older building in Bar Harbor, Maine.  I can see people reflected, people walking towards us through the glass, items inside, people walking inside and the reflections of a building half of a block away. 


Our weather was great. It was almost too warm and now the hurricane is headed this way. You can see the bright light shining in the morning on the street. This is a tourist trap town and I still like it. We were early morning visitors and it was peaceful with no crowds. 

Vacations always give me a time to get away from the life that we live. It is a time to reflect on what is going on in my life.  I had a growth removed from the top of my ear about four days before starting the vacation and I really had no worry about what it was.  I did loose a section off my ear, that as it grows back the sensations are painful. I am regrowing nerve endings.  I don't think I will look like Van Gogh but I will have a groove. I am in the safe zone on this one as I called in today.


Every state has it's positive attractions and the ocean and all that pertains to it is fascinating to a landlocked Iowan.  I like the state and all that one can see but it is a little too isolated for me.  Iowa is so metro in life style compared to Maine and I guess I need a little more of the city than so much rural isolation.

I really am glad to be back to see how you are all doing.  If you haven't checked the new list of things that blogger offers  on the dashboard,  click on the stats of each blog and see who really is out there watching you.  Thanks for listening, or skimming my blog or really reading it,  anyway  thanks for stopping by......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the reflections in the store front window. Looks like a great place to spend a morning.
Sorry about the painful healing of your ear but I am happy to learn that all is ok.

The water in that last photo is incredible.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation Larry !
It's always good to get away from the everyday routine, reknews ones outlook and spirit.
What a great shot through the store glass window, such busyness.
Glad your surgery went well, and hope the tingling goes away as soon as need be.
You've been missed !

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Bar Harbor Maine is really nice.
Well, I have never been there but my mom and dad have. It looks like it has not changed. It is such a nice environment. I am sure the get away left you rested.
Great news on your ear.
Mom says the one thing about getting older is that all sort of stuff pops up, things you did not expect. Perhaps you can rub some antibiotic cream with the anesthetic ingredient on it to help with the pain/itching. Especially at night.

Bonks for a safe happy trip back home

The Retired One said...

I love the boat picture the best!! It is gorgeous..I will have to check out the stats you mentioned, if I can't figure it out, I will be back to ask you where it is and how to use it. LOL

Marilyn & Jeff said...

I have just stumbles across your blog and have enjoyed all your photos, the multi views in your shop window above are fantastic.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Larry, Your reflections are great..both the store window and your observations.
I am relieved to hear that your ear growth is not a problem, hopefully the nerve sensation discomfort will go away:)