Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Show and tell about Tuesday's going on and on..............



I ventured outside today and took 81 photos.  I hadn't been out for a while as things are dead or are going to be.  I haven't plagued you with my many zinnia flowers much this season, but be warned I have taken many macros of this flower bed.
The plants didn't do as well this year as I didn't have them planted in thick enough.  The thicker the row the less the plants will fall down in a wind or a heavy rain.




I have been procrastinating on getting back to framing.  This morning I started stretching two of these pieces  for the first phase.  They will lay there for awhile and then I will return and straighten the edges to perfection. My wife helps with this when it gets to the refinement part of the stretching.




The vegetable garden has  not been a great experience for me this year and I am not sure that I will even plant a single tomato next year.  Spring may change my mind but the harvest has been moderate with all the rain and the tomatoes didn't last long enough to be picked.  Most of them split open before they started to ripen.  This banana plant has put out about 4 peppers.  It is the sweet variety and not a hot pepper.



It may not look like it but this is a view of my cleaned out garden shed.  I can walk in there now and it is a pleasure to see that I threw away and sold out things so it is almost organized.  I thought I would give you a look at all my junk cause I know you all are a little snoopy and want to see in there.  The drum is an antique that I rescued from the school garbage heap.  The kiln is my dream machine that will get me back on the potter's wheel........ someday. The antique table has walnut legs elsewhere, the skull if from my teaching days and the windmill blades were my dad's making a long time ago.  I need to repair them and get them back on the windmill.

The plastic kids bucket has a story,  just like everyone has a story.   I found the bucket rolling around in the wind away from houses behind the school.  I rescued it and used it for my aquarium jobs in my art classroom to transport water.  One day a science kid came and borrowed it and I hadn't seen it for a few years.  The science teacher left her job and while I was out  placing things in the dumpster, there it was.  She had borrowed my bucket then threw it away. I rescued it again.  It is a child's sand bucket and has a star mold in the bottom so a kid could make towers with stars on top of them. There, I bet that Everyone Has a Story just  brought tears to your eyes.

It was nice to get outside today as we have been either working too hard or it has been raining.  I am going to close with a final picture of who still lives outside our front door and in our yard.


I can be around her just inches away and she does not run anymore, but a hand coming her way is still very scary.  She is quite a friend in the garden and she must be tamed before winter.

Thanks for stopping by.........

6 comments:

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Looking back at memories and not wanting to throw anything away but having to tidy up, it can get nostalgic. I hope you make friends with the cat. Sad for it to be frightened. Bless you.

डा0 हेमंत कुमार ♠ Dr Hemant Kumar said...

Nice and lovely post---.

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Cute Kitty!

The Retired One said...

Loved that skull in the garage! hahaaaa

Linda said...

Impressive tidying. Can I interest you in a trip to Scotland to advise on our garage and allotment shed?
And your poor little bucket rescued from the skip. What on earth possessed the other teacher to throw it out rather than return it?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow your shed is all tidy! I enjoyed your bucket story..some things just come to us in the strangest ways! I must spend a day in my garage before winter. You are correct we always want to see what is inside these places..snoopy friends! :)