Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday........


Rain and snow predicted today. The sky that looked like that  showed up for a quick moment and then it was gone.  When my wife noticed it.  I just stopped eating breakfast and went for the shot.  It was gone in ten minutes.

We rarely saw the house finches in our old town.  It was said that they stayed in the north part of the town where the corn and soybeans were stored in elevators.  We have a lot of them here.  It was a great import from England that does give us a colorful bird to watch.















I brought back to the new home a tulip with unusual coloring.  Now that it is almost spent the petals have flared out to make it look like a different kind of flower. All of my apple trees are now in full bloom.  I didn't see the bees out at work but I am sure there were some buzzing around.  The trees seem to get pollinated every year regardless of cold or warm temperatures.

It is Friday and we have many things to do.  I keep having projects jump out at me that I was not planning to do. I need to visit the Ace Hardware and get some things to get some of these things done this morning.  Our 13 year old house has water leaking in the front window, going down and causing damage to the floor.  It was discovered by the guys who were going to lay our new laminate floor. They stopped working and I  now have a wood piece to replace on that floor and need to silicon caulk some bad siding installation. The trim on the window was directing water into underside of the window and down under the siding.  I am not a vinyl siding fan anyway but this does make me really disappointed and maybe somewhat angry. Our floor will not be installed now for one more week.

The problem is discovered and will be repaired by me.  The decorative piece of trim at the bottom of the window was installed incorrectly.  I opened the window and looked down on it and could see that the trim was funneling water into the wall. The company that installed it didn't put on a special channel piece to keep water from entering under the window.  I will caulk that to stop water flow and maybe later have a company come and install the right part.  I still will have to wait for it to be warmer so the calking will work and seal up the strip under the window.  We will have to reschedule for the  flooring guys to now return. 

I hope all of you are having a good day and I wish you to have a great weekend.  Thanks for stopping by today.

6 comments:

Patsy said...

Always something, you have worked so hard. Hope it all comes
to a end soon. I think you need some rest.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Ooh goodness Larry, I hoped the snow had all disappeared until next year 😀
Jo

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Beautiful flowers there Larry, and how sweet are those little finches!
Jo

The Furry Gnome said...

Sorry you found that sort of problem! Hope it gets resolved ok.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Lovely header photo and I like the little bird and your tulip.

Sorry about the discovery of the leak and hope you are able to get it fixed soon.

Have a nice weekend ~ FlowerLady

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Aarghh to that problem, but better to know and address it before the new flooring was installed. It can be so frustrating to find and then have to correct shoddy or incomplete workmanship, and as fellow homeowners, we have all been there too.