Saturday, April 15, 2017

Saturday's a Go.....


Barney immediately turns away when he sees a camera.  He has had shots earlier this week which made him sleepy for a couple of days and now he has had his flea and tick treatment.  He hates the smell of it and I usually walk him right away after the treatment to distract his disgust with the whole thing. Between the spring grass that encourages fleas there are also dogs at about every house in our neighborhood.  A couple of people older than me don't have pets but most all of the rest do have dogs. I think I saw a cat sitting in a window across the way too.

Two of my older cemetery iris have been potted and moved to the new place.  They may spend the summer in pots until I figure out the arrangement of the back yard.  I did discover the past few days that the former owners loved apparatus and they have it planted everywhere.  I do like it too but I do think some hosta plants will be integrated into some of those gardens.  I have a terraced set of plantings along the south side of the house on the hill and I thought they would have some neat planting in it.  Instead, it is apparatus. I guess they liked the foliage of it after it goes to seed as I see evidence of wires to hold it back when it spreads out. A neighbor to the north asked if I was a gardener but I don't consider solely vegetables as the only venue for gardening. I will dig out one rhubarb plant at a time as five of them scattered all over the yard is not proper landscaping to me. I can pot and share them with a couple of people I know who would like to have some plants of it.

We have had a lot of cloudy skies the past few days.  The rains yesterday were heavy ones.  I guess  it will be good for the asparagus. I need to mow the yard on the south side.  It is past due.  My neighbor there may fertilize freely for my benefit.  I did have to go to the Ace Hardware and buy a used lawnmower.  It was a Lawn Boy and I now have a mower at each property.  I am living in John Deere land here but I didn't buy a Deere. I don't have a Deere hat either.


Well I am glad it is my wife's birthday.  I hope to give her a special day.  I shopped for presents in plenty of time and everything was ready to go this morning.  She has yet to pick out place to go to for her birthday dinner.  It will happen, the decision, sometime today.   Thank you all for stopping by today.  Have a great Easter Sunday.

3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Happy Birthday to your dear wife! Have a wonderful celebration.

I got a chuckle out of your not having a JD mower or hat. :-)

Have a lovely Easter weekend ~ FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Della. I hope she enjoys every minute of her special day. I am enjoying learning more about your new home and yard. I am back from my blog break if you get a chance to visit.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday to Della! I hope you found a great place for supper! Asparagus, you could always freeze it! We love it roasted in the oven with a bit of olive oil on it and some parmesean cheese:)