Friday, December 29, 2017

Friday's Here.......


The snow is still on our roof too as the temperatures keep it frozen tight.  We are almost warmer but there still is no way to discriminate between very cold and very, very cold. We have to go to Walmart today so we will get out into the frigid polar snow drifts.

A random shot that I took as I played with my camera. Our oldest grandson was fascinated with this as it sat in the living room. It was Thanksgiving where they were here and his eyes did sparkle as he investigated it. He would not hurt anything but he really didn't have an idea as to how to really play with them. He did lift out the small antique toy wa plane that I had set on the top of the marbles. I saw it later laying on the top of the commode after they had gone home. This picture reminds me that I never got the sleigh bells and and polish them for display.  There will be plenty of winter time for me to do that.




I have rambled on about the small tree and big tree collection. When I opened the box of the small ornaments, I realized that there was no way that I was going to mix them with the big ornaments.




I keep fining small ornaments here and there in boxes that were in drawers or on shelves in the old place. They would get misplaced or set somewhere after a clean up of the trees. It was easier to set it ion the "what not" shelf than carry it all the way back down into the basement. I did find a set of salt and pepper shakers that are Christmas geese. I really have no memory of them. They could have been buried for years in the back of the buffet but I don't remember getting them from family. Photos will follow now that I mentioned it. My wife and I discussed how we use to have a real tree and ornaments would be found on the tree while it was out on the curb. That ornament didn't ever make it back into the right box.



The teeth are the clue that it is a nutcracker.  This is a miniature one and some people had to paint the colors on this small guy.  He has a pretty wide mustache.

I am off to make a check up on the old place.  I really don't have worries about it with that new furnace but I do need to get the mail from the place. It was easier to renew the box rather than fill out the forms to shut it down.

I hope everyone stays safe and warm these next few days. Thanks for stopping by today.




1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love your marbles and your decorations! Stay warm...we are hibernating now wind chills -30 to -60 poor Chance is the only one that goes outside for long.:)