Monday, December 18, 2017

Monday......


I take a lot of photos and sometimes they just work perfectly. The reflection in the window with all at sparkle of the lights. The ornaments also reflect all the lights. All the work in putting up the tree does pay off.

It takes a while to get everything plunged in at night.  At night when we go to bed we ask what is all the light that must have been left on.  It is the Christmas room with its two trees. It is a good way to warm the room with all those lights on at the same time. I have been leaving my out door lights on all night as it is getting closer to Christmas.

We will have visitors after Christmas.  We don't know exactly when at this point but we will be planing for company again. The boys will probably have grown some more but they should remember the house with them being here at Thanksgiving.


The outdoor tree is fun for us.  We do enjoy seeing it at night while sitting at the table. It is a cheap tree and lights on the rails but it makes a great look in the dark. I did get two of the legs wired down to the floor and the opposite side is braced with wire to the deck rails. I kept getting the reflection of the room in the window where I was shooting.  This was the best shot with minimal room reflection.


The trip to the old place to day was needed as I had not been there for nine days.  The mail had built up at the post office and I really needed to see all was safe and sound. The furnace does a good job and water and electricity were all fine.  I do check to see if there were any chance of break ends through the basement too.  Everything was fine.

The lake was freezing up in some areas. It is such a small body of water so there are so many different places of freezing and others are open because of the currents to the dam spillway.  The seagulls have not left yet, so I could see them walking on the ice when the mood is right and others are floating around.

We have plans for a meal out this evening and squeezing in Christmas shopping in the afternoon. It is dangerous out there in the malls on weekends. Hopefully middle afternoon on a weekday will be less stress.  Thank you all for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your tree is very pretty! We have had blue lights for years but my husband says it might be time to change to multi or red...I like your multi colored lights. Have fun shopping we hope to "finish up " on Tuesday afternoon.:)

Anonymous said...

Your home looks so warm and festive with the Christmas lights. Hope you enjoyed your meal and some shopping without the crowds. How fun to be expecting the grandsons after Christmas.

A Colorful World said...

Your Christmas preparations are wonderful! Beautiful trees! We spend Christmas at our daughter's house and she has a real tree, all decorated and pretty. But I missed putting up my own tree too, so I ordered a table top one this year and will be posting pictures soon.