Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Middle of the Week....


The wreath above the new mantle is up.  We took two years making this one with the ornaments to be the first thing to go on.  The next year we added the berries. Then the red leaves were added.

We laughed when we finally had this tree up that we should just put on the angel and call it done.  Now we are thinking that we should just leave it as the tree of lights. I know we will get the decorations on but not at one time I am sure.

From all the confusion of the past year I do now remember that the angel tree from last year fell over with a broken base.  We had to take off all the decorations and start over with a new tree. I had one other tree whose base allowed the tree to lean for the whole Christmas season.  I do now remember that after I took of those ornaments that tree also went to the landfill. I had bought a new base for that  and it just didn't work.  Today, I bought a new medium size tree.  I think that one other tree was tossed last winter but it all gets confusing.  When we each have collections for special trees you can't leave one set in the box. Our house arrangement is so different than the old place as we are lacking walls between our kitchen and living room.  So we can't place two trees in the dining room now.  So we have decided to make our spare bedroom into a Christmas room placing all the left overs of decorations into the room. Both of my glass blown ornaments collection will go onto the two trees in there.

It was long overdue in buying the birds a larger cage. My body and mind healed up enough that I was able to go down in the basement and assemble the new cage. The birds were intrigued with what I was doing and were happy to move into a cage that is about three times the size of their old one. I didn't have room for a large cage before and I could not fine this cage at any pet store.  I found in on the next and the Chinese did a great job designing and making this cage.  I can roll it away from the window at night and close the curtains and in the day they get rolled back to the outdoor view.


They are so content with all this space.  The still would rather climb the sides of the cage to travel but I do think they will learn to flutter up and down on the sticks. They are two brothers and a sister that were hatched in the old house probably 8 or 10 years ago.  I don't think I could ever separate them.

Our weather is so cold and windy that we never left the house yesterday. Today we were out buying a few things and stopping to eat before we came home.  Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Looking very festive around your place Larry !
Lovely wreath, and tree, I like your colored lights :)
What sweet little birds, I used to own a budgie, he was so much company.
Try and stay warm, we have gone straight from summer to winter ....brrr.
~Jo

Anonymous said...

I love your wreath and Christmas tree. It will be fun spending your first Christmas in your new home. That is a very nice cage for the birds. After many moves, John and I both can think of a few things that we just never saw again! A book for him and glasses for me.....guess we'll never know what we did with them!
Our weather is very dreary and much colder. We did get out earlier to stock up on groceries/water, cat litter for the upcoming weekend.
I hope you both have a good night.

The Furry Gnome said...

I also would like to just leave our tree as a 'tree of lights'.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the tee of lights idea too! What a nice cage for your feathered friends! :)