Thursday, December 21, 2017

Thursday's Few Things......


"Take a little time to unwind" is the quote on the inside of the mug.  I just realizes you sort of can see in inside the mug.  Poor Charlie has his kite string all wrapped up around the top of the mug and he is perplexed.  Snoopy is on the other side staring at the kite hanging from the rim. We have a lot of things to do before Christmas but we will just rest and then push on as the days go on.

When my wife and I married back in 1984, she described to me about how her mom always bought her a new doll for Christmas each year. The second year, Santa remembered to put a small doll in her stocking.  The tradition of the small dolls continued for almost 8 years, until Santa could not find them anymore in the stores.  Gorham stopped making them. These two are all dressed in Christmas dresses so they are on display in the Christmas room. To finish the story, Santa kept buying bigger ceramic dolls until they too stopped selling them.  We did move a lot of dolls though so my wife is not lacking in them.


I mentioned about finding a bag of pillows in storage, on my blog a week or so ago.  One blogger was confused about what that meant. Here are examples of pillows that were gifted to my wife in the past years which really are just Christmas pillows. They really are nicely done even if they were machine made to look like embroidery


This one could be kept out longer as it is just a winter scene only. The farmhouse on the pillow is a reverse image of our old farmhouse that we lived in while in town.

My wife's friend is treating us to a Christmas dinner today.  It will be a nice break.  The friend is also my friend too as I have known her since day one when Della and I married. It will be nice to spend time eating and talking.  We alway have good laughs  and enjoy our time with her.

I am in better shaped with my Christmas shopping but I need to get more.  I returned all of my three purchases at the one store, bought for my wife, and ended up buying two different ones for her.  I had bought a great shirt that was exactly like last year's shirt only it was orange and the other one was blue.  I live only four miles from five major shopping stores and will get it done right, even if I have to stop at every one. I have just small things to pick up now.



Christmas cards are going out late this year but we are sending them. We laugh at one of my wife's cousin who has a printout of labels for her cards and she has my name down as Jim.  This has been this way for a few years but this year the postoffice decided to refuse the card.  The cousin is perplexed as she doesn't know my name is not Jim, or she isn't reading her printed off labels. I guess I could just change my name for her sake.

Thank you for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty Shiny Brite ornament! One day closer to Christmas and I hope all is well for you! I think I may be send some cold and snow your way...sorry. I wish you a Merry White Christmas! :)

Anonymous said...

That last ornament is a beauty. Those pillows are very pretty....all of your favorite things. I love those little dolls.
John can't get out to buy me a card or gift, so we stopped exchanging gifts. During spring/summer, we treat ourselves to a new shrub or tree. Looks like we will have rainy days for the weekend.
I know you enjoyed lunch with your friend today.

The Furry Gnome said...

Love that mug!