Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday’s a Final Finish.......


It is a nice way to start the day. The cloud formations were more impressive than the sun glow itself.  When I was out in the open the wind was blowing hard.

More birds are coming to the feeders. This morning I saw house finches but didn’t get any shots. Sparrows and Junco seem to be the major takers of free food.

Now you see them and now you don’t.  I made a wider shelf for my wife to set things in the window. She says the blue kitchen is at the old house and this is a new place and space. A lot of the blue in in cupboards for now.


The new shelf is deeper in size now and it had to be custom built to go around the window crank. Things on the shelf will come and go until she feels she  has what she wants there. The making of the shelf was a challenge and at one time I thought I was going to have to start over again. I had to incorporate some hand tools to get everything to finally fit into that space.


I think that we are able to see more jet vapor streams at our new place more than where we use to live.  Mr. Obama shut down all aircraft at the  Fort Des Moines site leaving them with the only with drone technology. I guess we do see helicopter activity going overhead, as that location of Fort Des Moines is west of us by 10 miles or less.  Our city airport is small and we see small aircraft new and historic bi-wings  that fly over our area.  Our loudest planes are the passenger jets that decide to fly under the clouds and fly low above our residential area.  They are headed for the Des Moines airpot and seem to want to get under that cloud cover. That airport is a busy one and it is south west of us on the bottom edge of Des Moines.


I was at the old place this morning working on the downstairs bathroom.  I had to tear out the vanity and will be replacing it.  The marble like top of the unit can be reused but I needed to get and new clean white vanity type base in there. Tearing out the old was the hardest part but I see I may need to replace some floor tile too. It is a very small bathroom so don’t think I am going to work too hard.

The afternoon is a rest time now as it should be.  The wind is so strong that I can’t really work outside.  I though I was going to be blown way this morning while pumping gas.  The canopy above really creaked and I don’t remember being shoved away from where I was standing ever before. You see weather people getting tossed around but this was really a strange feeling.

Thanks everyone for stopping by today.

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Afternoon is rest time here too!

Anonymous said...

That is frightening about the wind. We have a small airport here in our little city and it is fun to see the vintage planes and some of the rich folks expensive "toys." We tried to convince my brother to move here, since he enjoys flying. His lady friend says 'no.' ha She is a BIG shopper and would tire of Walmart being her only shopping spot!
I would like to have a wider window ledge in my bath to display some of mother's little antique dishes - one of which always held her rings and watch. You both have a good evening.