Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Things for Today.......


The old poinsettia is starting to look a little weathered. I have had it since Thanksgiving. It seems to be healthy as a plant but the reds are starting to go away.


A project for me is to restore this view.  It is an old one from the house that my dad had torn down back in 1980’s.  I don’t have cards to view but I bet I can find some at our neighboring antique store. I don’t know if the lens will clean up so it can be used.

I refused to let the school send it to the landfill and now many years later I refused to send it again.  I think I could get a good outdoor Christmas display made out of it with a snow slide. Next winter is a long way to go so maybe I can get it painted up into a toy dumb.  I did make a move to take it to the neighbor for their daughter to have but I did not get that done.  It made it into the back of the truck and came south. The drum is probably 40 years old or more.



My shop workbench has a long set of lights to help with work.  It also as become my greenhouse area. I make sure the lights stay on for a longer period of time than when I am down there. I shut them off at night. My one saved hardy geranium began blooming to my surprise as I wasn’t keeping an eye on them.  I can now see another set of buds on the plant in the photo.

I swore I would never start tomato plants again but just buy the plants.  Now I can see that I could start them with ease. I know of some people who leave the lights on 24 hours a day to get large tomato starts.

I have survived my dentist visit and I will not go into detail about that anymore. I always say to myself when I am in the chair, “why did I volunteer to do this?”  My eating is possible for the next two weeks until the really replacement is installed.  I will have a slow easy day today not doing any major projects.


We have more grass in the yard showing now that we have snow.  I guess it will snow on Thursday but for now I can walk Barney in open grass areas.  I hope everyone has survived their snow storms and some normal weather does get reinstated to your lives. Thank you for stopping by today.

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What lovely old pieces of the past, I wouldn't be able to discard them either.
The Geranium is hanging in there, still color in the poinsettia, it's a shame to know it is fading.
Hope the teeth problem is behind you now, it's not much fun those dentist visits.
~Jo

Far Side of Fifty said...

Those old viewers are way cool, I used to tell the kids at the museum that they were just like a TV in the olden days. That is one cool drum...I thought immediately a small table in your art room for your grands...maybe with a plexiglass top? Or better yet a top with leggs for building:) Enjoy that warm weather, I did ...cleaned up some doogy dew in the yard and helped feed birds and worked on a snow packed part of the walk...but...there is always a but. Storm coming in tomorrow afternoon, we have a Dr appt in Fargo and hope to leave there by noon to get home before it storms...and then it will get really cold AGAIN. Stay warm!