Thursday, January 11, 2018

Intermittent Snowstorm........


Yes, the tree is still up.  A couple of them will probably come down today as we are having a snow day. When things start to come down it will go fast.  The mug of coffee filled twice will give me motivation.

With it being windy with snow the birds have finally decide to eat at my feeders. I placed a temporary feeder on the deck floor that won’t get much snow on it. They have been running around on the deck hoping to find some loose seed from yesterday, but the snow is filling in on top of it. I raised a blind in the living room and can see that the back side of this feeder isn’t getting any snow on it.


This is our view looking out the front door. Barney and I left tracks this morning but they are all filled in with snow. Schools have all closed down but I still could hear the roar of cars on the interstate south of us as people do still have to go to work.

br />
The deck had completely been melted off from our last snow.  It took three days for it to happen but now we are starting another layer.

We have my wife’s friend in the hospital right now but we won’t be able to go visit today.  She isn’t well enough for company right now but we are hoping for improvements and will make a trip down tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping in today.

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a beautiful fireplace mantel Larry, someone knows their craft !
I noticed the birds are back in our neck of the woods, sadly snow is on it's way, so they will once again disappear in their nests.
Looks cold there !
~Jo

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sorry to hear your friend is in the hospital. Stay warm! Windy and snow blowing around here today....and of course it is cold:( I still have my Shiny Brite tree up:)