Saturday, October 13, 2018

Visitors to the Backyard...


I can’t seem to get the birds to eat the sunflowers during the winter so I am going to let the squirrels help themselves.  Last year I had picked most of them to keep them away from them. This guy can’t stop filling his cheeks.


There are a few of these goldfinches hanging around in the yard.  I am not sure why they are just sitting there on the rail but they looked like they were sunning themselves.

The sparrows don’t seem to fight over the feed. The wait patiently unlit there is an open spot at the feeder.  If your remember sharing the shot of the feeder that was almost full.  You can see they brought down the seed level by 80%. I will be filling the feeder again this afternoon and they all will be happier.

It is a little warmer today but it won’t be a day where I will work outside for very long.  The pressure is on to get the yard mowed but I can maybe wait on that until Monday.  I have zinnias to get pulled out and that will be the project for the afternoon.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We have fat squirrels also, all the goldfinches are gone:)