Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Middle of the Week.........



Looking good in the front yard. I have others of this variety that are not open right now. I have a yellow one that is partially open.

This is a new shot of the blanket flower.  I had not remembered that I bought it but the plant reminded me it was there.  I had to trim back some salvia so it could be seen. That whole flower bed is slow to be in bloom but they will pick up soon.
The neighbors have newly painted their house blue.  It looks good in the background of the pink hollyhocks.


My grandmother had a regale lily that she shared with my mom. That lily bloomed many blooms for my grandmother.  I can still see the binding twine she had hooked on big nails in the house to help hold it up.  I didn’t have a good move with that particular regale lily start but I did have it planted in two places at the old house.  While there a week ago I dug the two starts that I have been babying for years.  I now need to find the perfect place to put these at the new place. My grandmother has her best luck with them on her east side of the house. By the way, the ones you see here are planted in a wastebasket.  I may keep them in it until fall.




The raised bed fill with tomato plants is filling in more now.  I have a lot of volunteer tomatoes coming up and I will have a crowded mess soon.  I did find the start of the yellow pear shaped small tomato coming up in another bed.  I could not find any at the store but I sure can just let them grow up on their own.

Closing down for today.  I worked at the old place today and we have plans to do stuff this afternoon.  I appreciate your stopping by today.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

The regale lily photo is extraordinary. I love coneflowers, blanket flowers and hollyhocks. Your tomatoes are looking good. We have worked our last time in the yard at the old place. So thankful since it is so very hot.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your flowers all look great and it sounds like you will be in the tomato business soon:)