Monday, July 22, 2019

Monday and On Schedule......


A really nice day with low temperatures and it still is sunny.  We will get hotter by late afternoon but I could mow this morning without getting overheated.


The zinnias have taken off and are growing rapidly.  They are the green luxh row right behind the red and white petunias.

The colors are limited with the kinds that are blooming right now but the orange one is big and  bold. I saw one Japanese beetle this past hour while I wa out  taking shots. They will eventually be too tall and cover up the back row of petunias.

This yellow daylily is a medium size and the color is almost a pale color.

This one is about a third larger than the one shown above.  The larger one doesn’t stay in bloom for a long and the medium sized variety.

I mowed at the old place today with the weather being so good.  I also took a truck load of sticks and limbs to the dump trailers that the city now provides. It was cooler so I worked linger and harder trying to keep up with all that grows.

The clematis is going to bloom this summer.  I should be watering more.  I was glad to see it again and do baby it a little to keep it growing.

The white reminds be of flocks of pelicans that I saw on the lake this morning.  They were at a far distance and they looked like a snow bank in the middle of the lake.  There is a lower spot in the lake and they pelicans like to feed in the shallows. I could drive over to where they were as I would of if it were possible. Their was a boater over by them and maybe he will post some photos for us all to see.



This is a day lily that I bought for my parents many years ago.  I moved some of it to the old place  and now it is at the new place. I like it with the cast rid circle design in the middle. I am waiting for one more lily to bloom at the old place to see if I want to move it.   I did dig section of o dora today and I brought another fern leaf peony down.  I think there are still three of them up at the old place.

I didn’t share a grand child picture today but there will be more of those to come.  I did get a lot of them taken the past two days.  I hope everyone is well out there.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Laurel Wood said...

So thankful your temps are more tolerable. The clematis is lovely. I also love the lilies. I think of AJ one day caring for the lilies that you retrieved from your parents home. He will treasure all your plants. Your cottage garden and the zinnias just gets more beautiful with each passing week. Hope you two are rested up from your trip and I look forward to more photos of the grandchildren. I have an update on our Ella on today's blog.