Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The Things of Tuesday.......


A trip to the old place gave me a chance to bring back some large hydrangea blooms. Also I brought back one stem of three lilies. Check out my sprite plastic bottle vase. I couldn’t find anything at the place to use to bring back flowers.

Our rains have caused the blooms to be so large. It grows on the north side of the house. It has been a good year for the old fashioned hydrangea. My plant that I brought to the new place did have some large blooms but not as big as the original plants.

I don’t have a lot of things blooming at the old place but things seem to be late. There are day lilies yet to bud and the Asiatic lilies are the only real flowers blooming now. Farmers have a lot of fields that are just now planted and they are saying it is slow in germinating with the heat. My zinnias did the same thing as they are now just sprouted and they will have to play catch up.  A lot of farmers had to change their minds on crops and planted soybeans instead of corn. I hope they can sell those soybeans by the end of the season.



The monarda that was left of us at the new place was this color.  It still is the same color but I brought the red monarda from the old place and planting it next to this one.


I was concerned that I had planted the red variety and that it had taken over the whole area.  It did not.  As you can see the two different kinds are growing beside each other.  I like both colors and hope they can live beside each other peacefully.


This is peek at the sight of our other hollyhock and its color.  I took this yesterday and I bet today that there are a lot more blooms open now. I am thinking that I bought this at a nursery last year.

I have taken a lot of photos these past few days.  I like the summer as I can find so many things to share. I probably can never use all of the shots but its nice to have too many than too few.

I was concerned about bring field lilies, ditch lilies, to the house.  I looked out yeasted from the sunroom and the neighbors behind us have them growing on the north side of the house. They have overtaken their house so I bet I could also put mine on the north side of my house too. The  neighbors’ lilies look good planted by a newer house.

We are hot again today.  I mowed in the morning and will just stay inside for the rest of the day. The heat really draws out a lot of energy from the body, more than one knows while in it. I hope all my blogger friends are staying safe and are doing good.  I appreciate your stopping by today.


3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

You have some beautiful flowers!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Another group of lovely blooms, Larry, and glad all are blooming well at the old place too. We are (finally) home from our long road trip and I am trying to catch-up with household stuff and blog reading. Thanks for your recent comments on our trip.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your bouquet is lovely as are your Pink Hollyhocks!