Thursday, October 5, 2023

Fall Days......


 The hardy geranium is acting like it is spring again.  It hasn't bloomed well all summer but now it is coming back to life.



My dinner plate hibiscus also thinks it is spring. I keep taking new shots of it even though they blooms all look just the same. 




I have cleared out most of my morning glories in the tomato patch but one is still hanging in there. It is growing up and out of the chives plant.



We are having a cooler day today.  I started out with a parka while out spreading fertilizer on my lawn.  By the time I returned to apply grubb control I had only a  long sleeved flannel shirt on. Now a short sleeved is all I need.  My neighbor is mowing his yard but I think I can wait for a lot longer time.  There is a lot of dead grass out there that doos not need any attention. 

As the fall weather sets it I hear the warnings of frost coming soon.  I know when that happens I can finish clearing out the flower gardens.  I have dead heading to do of most of the roses but I don't have the energy today.  It can wait for a while.  Thanks for checking in today.

1 comment: