Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Middle of the Week.....


 It has been a dull, cloudy day all day. The sun shines just a little. The red color is showing on the maple tree. 



My wife recites a poem to me about bread and hyacinths.  If one has two loaves of bread, they should sell one and buy hyacinths for the soul. I pulled at these green stems in my rock garden area and up came the bulbs of grape hyacinths.  I pulled three batches and planted them among my tulips.  I also planted some along my new stairs.  I can wait until spring to enjoy my labors. 



My one cone flower plant is trying to bloom.  It actually has two or three buds on it.  I hope it can open up in color before any hard frost. 



At the bottom of the stairs my new hosta plant is doing well.  I didn't plant the post there but it looks good there anyway. The stairs and stones represent two big projects that I accomplished this summer. Clearing the gardens will be my last big project.  I bought two bags of mulch this morning and I can finish up things in the next few weeks.  I usually just stop when it starts to snow. 



The fading garden will need to be all cut down.  I just saw a video this day of how I should be trimming down the iris to about three inches. I have never done that before but I can see it will make things look neater.  I have damaged a part of my hand by whatever work procedure and it causes my index finger to be in pain.   The joints sometimes click and/or won't have any free movement.  When this happens I have in the past tape the index and middle finger together.  The middle finger supports it all and does help me to move the index finger's movement.  Thus typing becomes a joke.  It is a little bit better today but I still have pain.  It does work itself out.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Those hyacinths will look wonderful in the spring.

The joints in my little fingers like to lock up once in a while and it sure does hurt a bit.
Hope you finger works itself out.

Far Side of Fifty said...

My thumb used to lock in place...hope your fingers get their kinks worked out!