Monday, October 23, 2023

Monday's a Start....


 The sun shows through and then the clouds do clear.  A sunny day today with us hitting 80° F. in the afternoon.



I clipped a couple of bouquets before I cleared the flower bed this morning. All zinnias and marigolds are now down.



It isn't a pretty sight when the flowers are removed. I do have some very healthy iris at the end of the bed.  I decided to give them some water to help their fall development before winter. 



I normally don't bring marigolds into the house because of the smell.  The tall marigolds put out long stems so they can be cut for bouquets. 



There was one lone bloom this morning. It is a weaker color bloom but I was glad to see it. The vines look like they have stopped growing and are in decline.  I collected seeds from the pink morning glories a few days ago. 


I spent time with my neighbor getting my still ready to go.  It took the two of us to remember where all the controls are and understand how it all works.  I inherited the tiller and I am sharing it with the guy and it made him happy to see me getting it out.  I had to take down my sunflower down today so I can till that garden area there with it out of there.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

80 F wow you had a warm day! This must be the end of your flowers:(