Sunday, January 2, 2011

Country school books......

My dad bought a bunch of books from a country school closing auction back in 1955. I was going to toss these but I didn't. The black leather book is an 1886 book full of Eastern Star or some lodge ceremony quotes written in symbols.




The inside cover which is a fine quality print.




The color photos are remarkable as that would have made the book expensive.  Yet the other photos throughout the book are very dated, old, poor quality shots in black and white.

My goal is to type less until my right hand straightens out it's problems.  I have one finger that acts like it is not a part of my hand and another that has unidentified reasons for pain.  Keyboard may be the problem but I don't think so.  As I don't want to, I am going to cut down to less words and just more pictures.  On a good day I could keyboard but I am going to deal with the problem with diet and eliminating things that could be irritating it.  I can still use the mouse while using one finger so I will be giving you less words and more pictures.  

Thanks for stopping by........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Larry, What wonderful books. I enjoyed seeing these very much. Sounds like maybe you overused your wrist/fingers over the summer and perhaps resting your wrist will solve the problem and I know some B vitamins might help also. The over the counter wrist splints for carpal tunnel might help you also. About 20 years ago, I experienced similar symptoms when I sat at a keyboard most of the day. Hope you will soon be better and I look forward to your photos in the meantime.

The Retired One said...

So sorry to hear about the pain in your finger...sometimes that is a sign of carpal tunnel, you should have it looked at....
I bet it worries you because of your painting and other artistic talents. Love the old book illustrations..we have been very lucky in selling some old books on Ebay because of the illustrations in them. Take care of that hand and I will enjoy your photos without words until you get better. :0}

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fingers and thumbs can be a real pain..I heard the other day that you can get a computer that types what you say..I had a good laugh about that..but for some people it may be just the ticket! I hope your hand straightens out:)