Friday, January 7, 2011

Painted patterns..........


I have always appreciated painted designs on dishes and this  one is a fun pattern. I know that some of the work is done through stencil or decals but it still was touched personally by one or many different glaze painters.


I am certain that the line design of the flower and leaves start out as a stencil but the rest is hand painted. I hadn't noticed that the center stencil was placed a little off center until I photographed it. This is one of those pieces that I brought from my parents home, but I really don't know it's history. I may be a family piece but it also could of been something that was given to my mom.


The glaze is crazing on this bowl and they did use a glaze decal or stencil to let you know where it was created.

Thanks for stopping by......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love dishes and this certainly is a fun and colorful pattern.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love that pattern. It's colorful and happy.

FlowerLady

Hilary said...

What a cheery design. It's so like me to not notice that something was off-center until viewing a photo too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

very pretty pattern..I wonder what it was like to paint on these all day long..I would have liked to sit in for awhile to learn:)