Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday's tattle........or should I say prattle......

You might remember me posting about this cupboard that I rescued from the back of a furniture store.  It was filled with old cans of varnishes and stains.  I couldn't figure out what it was but had made some guesses. 
Well now that I have seen this old clock I now know that the cupboard was originally a clock base with a new door attached to the front and also shelves added.


This clock has the bottom slots to allow the weights to hang down below the clock. The clock here is sitting upside down.   The cupboard above has slots in it with the original pulleys still in the slots.  So it must have been an old Seth Thomas clock too.




In case you haven't seen plastic flowers lately, here is a quick fix for you.  I brought home a glass lidded canning jar and it still has my mom's plastic flowers inside.


While sharing my mom's plastic flowers, I will share my fake red ones.  The sled is one more thing that I couldn't throw away.  I know a couple of kids that might like to have it and I sure was not going to throw it away. 
I actually have another one in the basement for some unknown reason.  It  has the name of Johnston written on the bottom of it.  It amazes me  how things travel through the world.  I think it came from a house my Grandma rented 35 years ago and then was given to my parents.  I don't remember bringing it home but it now has a new buddy.

Thanks for stopping by..........and keep warm.

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love that cabinet, and it's nice to know the history. Those plastic flowers might be highly collectible some day. I think it is sweet to have them in a canning jar.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great cabinet! You won't have to do much with those plastic flowers! I like your sled..perhaps the Border Collie could become a Sled dog:)