Monday, January 10, 2011

Yardsticks and more........


I am not making a conscience effort to collect wooden yard sticks but I won't throw them away. I guess I am collecting yard sticks.  I have brought home eight or more now and most of them are old.  Some antiques and some are from now closed businesses in Osceola, Iowa.


I am not having success in taking photos of my downstairs basement aquarium.  I may have to rig up some special lighting to get better shots.  This goldfish is one of my twelve cents fish that I have grown into a big guy.  You can see the koi's tail to the right.


I have blogged about this autograph book on my Sepia Saturday site.  It is one that belonged to my Great grandmother Wheeler.   She was 16 years old when she had her first autographs penned into the book.  The year was 1890.  If you want to know more about it, I will be posting on my  Sepia Saturday site for two different Saturdays. Click here if you are interested to explore my find.

Monday is suppose to be a snow day for us.  We sit on the border line of the predicted heavy snow so we will see if it stays put on the west side of the line.

Thanks for stopping by.........

4 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

I love the idea of yardsticks : both the objects themselves and the wider meaning of the word. And as for your album - as I have already said, a brilliant find.

Sunny said...

You collect such interesting things. I actually like the lighting on your fishy pictures :)
We are suppose to get a storm on Wednesday; I'm ready for Spring!
☼ Sunny

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have an autograph book to share too..several..they were wonderful little gifts..it is too bad that custom cannot be popular again! Yup more than two yardsticks makes you a collector!! :)

svsmarshall said...

I collect yardsticks and wonder if you'd ever have interest in selling them?
Thanks,
Steve

svsmarshall@hotmail.com