Monday, February 17, 2014

Walking Down the Street............


Jeep tracks in the snow is all you can see when you look down the street. It is Monday and we had our new batch of snow fall all morning.  Early morning it rained that froze a good coating of ice on things and then it started a thundersnow.  It looked like rain as it fell.  I had to go to the neighbors to check on her this morning and I didn't really want to thaw off the ice first from the car.  I took an umbrella and walked over across and down the street.  I have never used an umbrella in snow but it was nice to not be covered like a snowman.  I let Barney back in at breakfast time and he was covered with a white layer of snow.  It snowed two inches in less than an hour and then snowed more.


I wasn't going to use the motion shots anymore but the look of the juniper shrub and the pine tree in the back didn't prove to have a definite point of interest. When I saw what the snow was doing I though it worked better,  unifying the photo.


I call this my "building from Sochi" photo.  I am sure Russia wished that they had received our snow.  We added three maybe four of more inches of snow.  The beat-up feeder doesn't have seed in it right now so it looks like an abandoned Swiss chalet.


It keeps looking promising but it has yet to bloom.  I am glad I got it to finally bloom.  It was all foliage for two years and in the summer I just took it to the basement and left it alone.  I didn't really have any hope for it. The stem has shot up after putting out leaves and now will have three blooms. You can see the snowstorm going on in the background.

No school today as the two hour delay would not have helped with the road conditions.  It has now  warmed up enough to melt some snow.  I did get called to go in to work today but they did cancel it by 9:00.  I was busy the past days and photo deficit but I am now back.  I had a day off and used ever bit of time for other things.  I should be able to stay strong now as I took a lot of photos this morning.  Everyone take care and thanks for stopping by today.

6 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Welcome back to winter! Your Amaryllis is going to be beautiful!! I heard you won some dishes!! Congratulations! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning the dinnerware!
I can't believe you have more snow and ice. You two stay safe and warm.
Hope the neighbor lady is some better.

L. D. said...

Yes, we were winners. I told my wife about it but didn't tell I had entered the contest. She and I both are happy to win. Maybe we can get ride of the ten dollar dishes we bought a few years ago and class up our lives a little. Thanks to Mildred for her involvement with the company.

L. D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patsy said...

Happy to hear you are a winner.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

That bloom will be amazing!
You are really getting buried in snow!