Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thursday's Things......


The cornflower is shot but yet puts out a sculptural form in the winter time.  I try to get them clipped back before winter but if not I really don't mind them.  It is bad thought if the gardener hasn't removed them before the green comes back.


This is an unusual looking trunk.  It is the ornamental pear tree with bulging side pieces.  It doesn't look strange when it is all leafed out but in the winter it has the side branches showing.  The red is a set of fall leaves still hanging on the tree. I see I have a good shot of the garbage bin in the background.


A visit to my sculpture garden sort of, I call Bucket Full of Snow.  I take for granted that it sits there year round and sometimes the snow makes it seem to be a lot more noticeable. It is weathering into a patina like carved marble, but it isn't. 


I will finish off my post with a cheerful woodpecker.  I bought another cake of suet but I didn't pick up another wire basket for it.  I think that I could have more at the feeder at the same time if I put up another one. This big red bellied sends the downy woodpeckers fleeing.

I am head teacher today in the special education room at the middle school level.  I really don't do any bossing but just join the team that is already working smoothly.  We had another late start today as the negative temps. are difficult for kids waiting outside for buses.  We have two loads from each town kids and then all the country kids all around both towns.

I am helping sit with the neighbors terrier as she is in the hospital with lung congestion.  She  may be hospitalized three of four days, so I need to schedule her in twice a day.  Hopefully the son of the neighbor will check in on the dog also to keep it from being bored.  Our neighbor leaves the tv on for her to keep the dog company but Penny doesn't know how to change the channels yet.



Thanks for stopping by today.  

2 comments:

Patsy said...

There is beauty in most things if we just look.
We are getting puny little snow flakes today. Hope the little dog gets better.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Lovely garden shots Larry !
Your woodpecker is huge, and I can see he really appreciates your suet treats.
Stay warm !
~Jo