Sunday, March 26, 2017

March 26th.....All Day.


Barney likes a little activity going on in the house but this has been ridiculous.  We know he needs time for naps so we will make sure he can get those in and that he will feel safe no matter what happens. He gets to visit the new house on Monday and his new big backyard.  The neighborhood is filled with dogs and that may be a good thing for him.


The bedroom was yellow green.  We discovered the residue or aqua green underneath the yellow. The owners or their kids put on a thin layer of yellow and the green did show through.  That is all gone now as a white primer has toned it all down.  The new coat of paint goes on Monday.  I wish it would only took one coat, but I know that two will make it the better coverage.


My wife took a photo of me while gazing out of the living room window. Our first floor looks down to the backyard below. We have seen the view in winter with snow everywhere so it will be nice to see it in spring.  We did discover hyacinths growing in the front yard and they are blooming.  They are short just like the ones that I have in my other garden. A flowering tree will be in full bloom in a few days and the unidentified tree next to the spruce might let me identify it when it leafs out. The first new purchase for the back yard will be one side fence and a burning bush shrub.

I am older this week by the number but I feel old by the life I am leading right now.  Our previous owners left me a great step ladder to exercise on while we paint the bedroom. The week ahead will be a busy one and I will check in only if I get the internet hooked up at the new residence.  Thanks for stopping by today.

Yes.....1950, in case your were wondering.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday...you were born the same year as Karen! I think Barney will love his new home/neighborhood. Best wishes with the painting. It will be fun this spring to watch the new-to-you plants bloom. A burning bush will be a great addition.

The Furry Gnome said...

You're just a youngster! 1948 here.

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Happy Birthday! ...Old timer! hehe I'll be there soon enough. And you are only as old as you feel.... so sometimes I feel older but act younger. Too bad Age can't simply mean wisdom gained. ( in my case at least...hehe)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday!! Yes I can see that is not such a pretty yellow, you will be busy at the new place too. Looks like a real pretty fireplace! I Hope Barney adjusts! :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Belated Happy Birthday ~ I turned 68 on the first day of spring. :-)

Enjoy making this new house of yours your 'home sweet home'.

Have a great week and happy spring ~ FlowerLady

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Happy Birthday. To have a comfy chair by one of those windows and enjoy the garden. Have fun with all the painting.