Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Wednesday's Whatever Shots.........


A circle of pipes seemed to be necessary to get to different return ducts connected to the furnace. The shiny metal is a nice change to see down there.


Southern Iowa farmers would know that this is an egg crate.  I salvaged it from some where and still have it today.  They used cardboard forms to separate the eggs inside and had layers of cardboard to separate the layers of eggs.  I will try to clean this up but it really doesn't look fit to go into a newer house.  The old house we are in right now isn't offended by it but I bet it will look our of place.

It is a strange shot but this is the floor where the old furnace was sitting.  It is such a big open space compared to the sprawling old furnace that sat there. I am not through cleaning out the basement for the move but I will have plenty of room to disassemble and evaluate all that is still down there.









Shipping them to my cousin.  My mom's instant coffee was always enjoyed in her hardware store purchased mugs.  My cousin wanted some knick knacks and these are kind of like that. This set of mugs seemed to be her last batch and she used them for years.

Busy day for me again today.  When I am done, I will share the photos.  I won't share it in progress as it is really bad to see half done.  I am about a day behind what the schedule completion date was going to be. The work I am doing seems to get so many hold ups in the ongoing processes.  I hate that a lot.

I hope everyone is doing well.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sorry to hear you are behind a day , I hope you catch up soon! :)

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Why do people live with old furnaces for years and only upgrade or replace them before they leave? We did it...my wife's family did it. Even my grandfather did it. It must simply be a human condition that has no explanation behind it.

And all that room you now have....Think of all the things that you could have done with all that extra room. hehe.