Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Calm Day.......


The shelf was found in a barn.  It looks like it had been a cupboard with the latch showing on the right end of it. There are no other clues to tell any history about it.  The rustic finish of weathered wood and neglect gives it a great surface to see.  I brought it to the newer house,  I am not certain how to clean it up and what to put on it just to seal in its present qualities. The clock works piece inside on the first shelf is something I just can't throw away for now. I can display old things on this when I hang the shelf it in my basement office area.






I moved this piece of black granite to the new place.  I should exclaim and say "how stupid is that'?  I know that I got the rock off of the farm in southern Iowa.  Now that I am much older, I should not be lifting and carrying this heavy stone.  The other thing that causes me now to have a curious thought of why is there a large granite rock in southern Iowa.  I am sure someone will say that the glaciers moved it there. I am not a glacier but my old Taurus moved it 24 miles south closer to the Des Moiner River.  That should confuse the rock hounds of the future.



The feeders are popular for the house finches.  It is now fun to see the young birds that have already been hatched and are coming to the feeder.  We had one young one on the ledge of the deck squawking at its parents wanting them to stick seed in its mouth.

I wish everyone to have a good Sunday day. I appreciate your reading my post.

5 comments:

Patsy said...

Things are coming to gather nicely.
Your flowers are very cheerful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Some sanding to get off the crud but not all the paint and dings:)

The Furry Gnome said...

No fair of you confusing future geologists!

A Colorful World said...

Beautiful iris! Hope the shelf cleans up nicely.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That shelf should have a future life, although I woild not have any idea on how to accomplish this. Your flowers are looking good, Larry.