Saturday, May 27, 2017

Baked Beans........not.


I found another bean pot.  I think it came from my parents' place.  I actually have one other that is small and probably a newer reproduction.That should be the last of the stoneware revelations.  Sadly beans come in a can now and you can warm them on a stove or in a microwave. Cooking beans in a pot for long periods of time doesn't happen much anymore.  When it is done they do it in a casserole or pyrex dish. The ceramic stoneware is more decorative than the before mentioned. I am sure now I will have blogger friends that will tell me they still bake there beans with bacon strips laying on the top of them.

This is one of the three roses that are in the front of the house. This one is the largest of the three.  The smallest one hasn't been moved out yet because I haven't had the time to do so. I want to put a different kind of shrub or a different color of rose in its space.

I have a multiflora pink one at the old house I would like to move but maybe I will just leave it to stay with the garden there. I may just look for a new one at the nursery center.

As I mowed at the old place I could see that my peony blooms are slow in opening there.  I guess it is a little more shaded there so they are just not in bloom.  We have had a lot of rain there but it has been so cold that the grass hasn't grown much.  I didn't get done and will have to squeeze in time next week.

A couple of trips to the hospital are in the plans to day and a trip to southern Iowa will happen this afternoon.  The prediction of rain this afternoon may not be in the southern part of the state.

I wish everyone to have a good day today. Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taking care of two yards in spring/summer is time consuming but I am glad that you have had the opportunity to transplant many of your favorite flowers/shrubs to your new property. I continue to remember you both and your cousin in prayer during these difficult days. As for the bean pot....growing up we enjoyed a restaurant that served baked beans in a tiny little pot on each individual plate like your picture here. Had not thought of that in years!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your rose is beautiful! I hope the hospital visits are going okay! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your visits/comments. How fun to have a truck to haul things in. They are nice for moving plants, furniture, all sorts of things. John says if he could drive, he would look for furniture etc. on the side of the road to bring home and work on!!! Best wishes with the truck.
We saw our first hummingbird tonight with a ruby throat. I am so thrilled for you both that you can move some of your plants to your new house. You will enjoy the variety so much.
I continue to pray for your cousin, her husband and you and Della.
Hope you get a chance to enjoy your grill on the deck this weekend.