Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday's Moments....


As I bring to the newer home things from the basement they get hung on hooks in the garage.  I have to move them to a designated place but for now they get hung up so I can decide where they will go. The chair was going to be tossed but I will repair that one split out leg in the future. You can buy old looking furniture but you have to go to antiques stores to buy authentically old furniture. This chair is an old one.



The hosta plants among the rocks look natural coming up in the rocks.  Some of the hosts plants are settling in as well as these two are.  I think our cold weather doesn't help them to build up from the shock of the move.

The geranium sees to bounce back each time it faces hardship.  Barney didn't take directions from me one time and stepped off the stoop and landed belly down on to the plant. The really heavy wind and rain messed up its appearance of a few days, but it is back now looking alive and well.



Barney has decided to make 5:00 am his time to go outside.  It has become habit. The early bird thing gives me an opportunity to get some great sky scenes and then I go back to bed. The moon and its friend planet were out in clear sky on the southwest side of the house but on the opposite side of the house I found this view.  The clouds were covering up the planet and only a portion of the quarter moon was showing.

It is a busy day for us again today.  I am going to try squeezing in some mowing before we leave today. It may be too wet so I may just do the front yard this morning.  The sun is shining but the grass is still damp from a heavy dew of the night.

Thank you for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

Some plants are very forgiving and do pop back.

Anonymous said...

I like a plant that is tough and bounces back! That is early to take Barney out but you do witness and share some gorgeous sky pics. I often have to put a baseball cap on to take Theo out first thing - my hair often stands on end first thing in the a.m.!!!