Monday, August 21, 2017

Solar Power Blues......


We had rainclouds that kept floating by blocking the view of the sun. I never saw the cover up but the light of the day was so strange.  Even though it is daylight, the light is so grayed. You can see that gray color in all of the cloud pictures that I did get.




Looking down the street as the sun starts to be more visible again.  We only had 90 percent coverage here and people had to drive out to different locations to actually see the eclipse.



During the time of graying skies I built a new and better ramp for Barney.  He is really have a difficult time with the steps.  I can lift him by his color to make the step and then he can walk up to the next step. It hasn't been covered with carpet yet but that makes it more user friendly. He gets frustrated with the stairs and I am hoping this will reduce that stress for  me and him  to a lesser amount. I bumped this project up the front of the list.  Each time I was taking him out and in I kept saying I needed to get this done. The carpet is now all installed waiting for the next adventure out by Barney.



For the garden section of my post I am sharing this yellow privet that I had dug up at the old place and moved to the rock garden corner.  I am encouraged to see new leaves developing.  I could have bought another one but this one was planted in a strange place by me and any future owner would probably mow it over not knowing what it is. I just dug it and brought it south.



I had three of these zinnias photographed but that one was a total blur. The colors of these flowers are so striking in color and unique. We hand another rain this morning that helps out the lawn being less dormant.

A different kind of day here but we are back to normal now. I appreciate your stopping by today.



3 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Yeah, It rained here as well. Mostly in the morning and now just a few moments ago. I thought I was going to have to settle for the live feed only....but I managed to get lucky. I actually think the clouds helped my viewing. I did not have to wear glasses to see it. and no "spots" on the retinas at all! I doubt my camera could have captured that crescent if it had been a clear sky. Still, it would have been fun to be in the shadow and seen the totality.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Too bad the clouds obscured your eclipse view, Larry. We are traveling in MA for a couple of days, and a couple of folks lent us their eclipse glasses so we did get a view, which was amazing. Hooe that Barney finds the new ramp an easier way to navigate, and that the rescued yellow flower does well in its new location.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for a user friendly ramp for Barney!! We wish we had less steps for Chance. Those Zinnias are a beautiful mix of coral and pink and rose...wow what a beauty:)