Thursday, February 1, 2018

Big Time.......


We were completely clouded over on the big night of all the colors of the moon. Today, February 1st I can still see the same moon a few days later.  This is early morning and it was on the eastern horizon. I leaned the camera against the corner of the house so the camera would not shake as it is 6 degrees F.  and I knew I could not hold the camera still.

The bus leaves as it has picked up our neighbor boy for school.  Another bus arrives a few minutes later to pick up the neighbor girl for school.  She has a companion dog with her as she goes to school.  The dog is so wonderful and he is just like kids getting home from school when he gets off the bus. He wags his tail wildly with excitement and barks as he runs to the front door to get inside.

My toy cupboard as less things inside as the train shelves takes on the duty of some storage. The cupboard was purchase at Sears and Roebucks back in the early 1900’s. I have the brass plate that was nailed to the front of it when it was purchased probably through mail order catalog. I have yet to find one in any of their catalogs.  My dad was gifted the cupboard from the “John and Iva” connection and he displayed his rocks in it. Actually he didn’t display as the original newspaper that was placed inside the glass door was still in the door when I brought it home from my dad’s garage. My dad said that they sprouted oats in it to feed the chickens in the winter time.











I am having another “snoop” day by letting you see what is in the cupboard. The thing has three shelves now as I added a new one early last year.









It looks in disarray and it is.  I keep finding things in toy boxes that were moved to the house and pull out the small things. The dominos are a new addition to the shelf as well as the plastic bale of hay from a barn set.

An old metal bank in the shape and decoration of the world sits in the back.

The one drawer is a handmade one probably made by John Horton years ago. My car collection is seen too as a random mess.  I don’t think I will make shelves for them but maybe they can move up to the top shelves. I will continue the “snoop in my drawers day” again tomorrow.

We were able to move my wife’s friend back to her home apartment yesterday.  She was pleased that we had things in order and food on her shelves.  She needs some quiet time to help her heal.  The nursing home situation became difficult the day before as the added a very needy patient to her room. I am betting she slept for eight hours or more after getting home. We will be nearby for her when she needs things as she really was not back health wise one hundred percent.

We are staying inside today as we moved back into a polar express temperature wise. I hope all are well out there and thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First I am thankful that your friend is home. You two have certainly been a blessing to her over the years. God bless her as she heals.

I see some cars similar to ones Larry and I had as kids. It is fun to see all your collectibles.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I enjoyed seeing all your toys:) What a perfect place top store them!