Saturday, February 17, 2018

Saturday’s Stuff.......


One more shot of one of our house finches that visit the feeder. With the snow melting there are less birds out there picking through the seed.

My seashore display continues to remind me of the ocean. The round rock in the front still fascinates me as I do think it was a canon ball. It doesn’t act like rock when I scrape it with a tool. My dad’s slab of agatized rock shows off it patterns.

The cow bell has a distinct sound with its clunking sounding more like a dead metal sound. The bell came from a farm in southern Iowa and I bet that same milk cow wore that bell for John and Iva Horton.  The gold paint that was put on it by my mom does not really look authentic. It is made from a very rough metal so it could be brown. I bet John would never had imagine that I would be displaying it on his table board bookcase.


Another random shot from my basement, was taken in the storeroom. I did toss a lot of children’s books but I still have three shelves of them. A lot of them are from the 50s and 60s.  Also my mom bought for her grandkids some newer ones that are all Sesame Street kind of books.




 A future project is the painting of these wooden parts of a crafts train.  I couldn’t figure out why I had so many.  I do see that I paid 77 cents for each one so I am sure I was going to sell them in our frame shop.


One last shot for today is the top of my taboret. It is a sight that shows I have not started to work in my basement studio. Things are still siting ready for me to put them away.  I did work two times in the studio with our older grandson was here. He did a lot of paintings on one of the art stations. I gladly sat by him as he worked.

It is a sunny day today but it isn’t as warm as they thought it would be.  Our journey to the bookstore included flurries this morning but that is all done now. More melting will come the next couple of days. Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Melting! Good for you, I think we might get a storm on Sunday. Hope you and Della are feeling better:)

Patsy said...

Cold and wet here ,sure would like to see sunshine.
We have things popping up out of the ground.