Friday, May 18, 2018

Friday’s Report.....



The globe alum is doing well at the farm. I do like the plant but will probably just buy new bulbs of it rather than trying to move it. It does spread and creeps not the yard.  I generally mow it off to keep it contained.



I was glad to see this blooms but the shrub itself has mostly frozen out.  I found up at the farm only two or three branches that were alive and they did have blooms.  I am thinking this was called a strawberry hydrangea. It is sad to see it to be mostly dead and also it means I will have to cut it down now.  It was getting to be too big but I was trimming it back each summer.


Back at the new place my iris bed is starting to bloom. They seem strong enough to bloom but it looks like this first year it will be meager in the number of blooms.

We had a busy day and I did not get the blog done.  I can try to do better tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by.














1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Too bad about your hydrangea they are so pretty. Nice to see Iris! Cool here today:)