Sunday, May 20, 2018

The Sunday Times.......


I almost didn’t get the shot.  You can see the one bird is leaning over to fly over to the newly seed filled sock.

Filling up the feeders with new seed brought in new birds.  The house finches are not so many right but I did see some return this morning.

I do remember when all the hatched goldfinches crowded around to learn how to eat from the artificial food source. Our spring is so late this year.  I found photos from last year where the peonies were in bloom.  I don’t know if the weather caused changes in the birds behaviors for nesting.

My newly discovered plant in the garden is a wonderful find.  We did not see this last year because the asparagus plants were covering it up.  I am keeping the asparagus cut back this year.  This is a hybrid kind of columbine as the wild flower variety of columbine has smaller blooms that hang down and not bloom upward.

I have lots of buds but no new iris blooms. I suppose they will all come at the same time. We are having spotty rains to help keep things from becoming too dry.

I will finish today with the visual of lily of the valley. It is a magical plant with its plain foliage and the stalk of little white bells. I was so pleased to have this flower at the first place where I bought my home.  It is an old fashion plant that was frequently found at farm homes. My first house originally was a farm home before the city built in around it.

It is a hazy day here with chances for rain whenever.  I hope everyone has a good day today.  Thanks for stopping by my posting.

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great photos, love the birds, pretty flowers and your wonderful header photo. What are those fantastic blue flowers?

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Such wonderful colors -- yellow in the bird feathers and purple in the iris colors. Thanks for adding some springtime to my online reading, Larry. You really got a good capture and i was wondering it you used your "new" camera and what type it is (sorry if I missed any earlier blog post with this info).