Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Working it out on Wednesday.....


When the flowers are putting on such a great show the tree is actually putting out leaves. We now are watching the white flower petals falling to the ground like snow.  It was windy yesterday and the petals were turned into snowbanks on the sidewalks.


The foliage on the locust tree is more of a fern-like growth.  I know that this is the last to leaf out in our yard with the red maple a head of it by a few days.

The tree here shown is filling in and soon the branches will be covered up with green. Our weather is good for everything to grow and rain is predicted again for Saturday.

We picked out a few flowers yesterday after selecting the tomato plants. I think the pinks would be good in our front planter and would hope that they would winter over each spring.



The color schemes seem to lean toward the red, pink and lavender. I usually get a few hardy geraniums planted and I will put in the ones that I wintered over in that bed again. Three of them survived and I can get them in early this year.

I am headed up to the old place this morning to do some more mowing. I have the back yard and orchard area to mow.  The orchard area usually fills in with violets and I just may leave them.  They are easy to mow down when they are through blooming.  My yard at the new place is growing so well that it may need to be mowed twice a week.  I guess I need to lower the mower one more notch to make it last longer. We eventually will be getting into hot weather and I am not looking forward to that.  The heat will slow down the growth of the grass.

I didn’t get my tomatoes into the ground yet but I can get it done in the next couple of days. This will mean that I am planting a month  earlier than last year. tThe tomatoes will be picked earlier this year. I am planting more plants than necessary as I have a retirement home in which I can share them. So I will shut down this blog for today and go to work.  I wish everyone to have a good day.  Thanks for checking in on my blog.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for tomato plants! Yes those "pinks" or Wee Willies should come back for you. A long time ago I had a row in the front edge of a garden that was Moss Roses and they would reseed for me:) It is raining here this is the second day:)