Monday, June 10, 2019

First Day of the Week.......


The even sky turned orange as the sun was setting.  With the suburbs in the road I will always have house tops looking like mountain. Our valley up between the houses really is the  best way to see the clouds even if the horizon is limited.


The sun stayed a normal color earlier as the sky stayed blue with the white clouds.

My neighbor was over for a talk while I was working on the raised beds.  He pointed out that he and myself are one of the few old ones that still use hammers.  I was attaching the top rail to the edges.  He said that the young guy, Ben, who built the fence never used a hammer once.  The horizontal boards were attached with screws and the vertical boards were attached with a nail gun.

The fence is almost done and it is great.  Can you see the scallop tops of the boards.  We were gone to church and he finished up putting the vertical wood pieces.  He has one section left to do. My two frames of wood look pretty small compared to his whole backyard fence.

It is fun to share someone else’s project as I didn’t have to lift a finger and I can still enjoy it. The bonus to the fence is that he installed solar lights on the top of each post.  We looked out last night and thought an airport was out there with its evenly placed lights.

At night it looks like this. We were surprised to see them but really do like them.
The flowers are fading now as the heat sets in for summer.  I have this one last tulip bloom here and the one hybrid neat by being the last for the season.  The whole bed is in limbo right now as the next kinds of flowers will take over.  The lilies and hollyhock are looking strong and some are ready to bloom.  I spent tim pulling out watercress but I didn’t get done.  It doesn’t take much work to clean up the bed by pulling out the water grass. Zinnia flowers are just now coming up but they grow quickly.

I need to mow today but I wanted to finish up on the odd jobs first before I start.  I will have to water everything this even to give tomatoes a boost.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope all are well out there. Ah, tomorrow!!!!!

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

The sky photos are beautiful. I like your neighbor's fence, especially with the lights at night. Your raised beds are nice, too. I just love hollyhocks and look forward to seeing yours. We are still having all day rain. The cooler temps are welcome.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your yard and lawn look great! So green! Yeah for solar lights I love mine:):)