Monday, June 3, 2019

Monday’s a Go.....


The red peonies that I inherited have enjoyed all the rains and they are showing off many blooms. The variety is not the original old fashion one.  It has different inside parts that are white unlike the old fashioned red ones.
My grandmother’s red peony is a different kind of peony bloom. It seems to be red all the way to the base of the flower. The row of peonies that I inherited seem to be ones that were purchased at today’s kind of nurseries and not from old fashion sources.


This old fashion peony came from the old place and I am glad to see the same one is blooming in my backyard right now.  My grandmother’s red peony is also blooming down there. Since I don’t have the house sold yet I can find the old fashion white one too to move to the new home.

The “knock out” roses are doing great in the front of the house.  I did notice that my William Baffin rose that I bought las year is going to have multiple blooms on them.  I will need to buy or build a trellis for it soon..
I discovered that I had a shot of the William Baffin rose. I need to water the rose as it is dry on that side of the house.

No big plans for today but I bet I will be mowing today.  Today is our only dry day for the week.  Rains will pop up off and on throughout the rest of the week.

Thanks for checking in on my blog today.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

All of the peonies are so pretty. I also love the roses and the finished view of your sunroom/deck. Occasionally, we still remove and bring home a plant from our old house until we get a contract on it. Some, including a wonderful gardenia, are just too big to transplant.
Would you like to have some gladiolus bulbs/corms. The ones that grow here are in need of being separated so they will bloom better. I know I have lavender and lime green...waiting to see what other colors. If you do, just send me an email.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So pretty that row of Peony!:)