Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Wednesday’s Ways.....


Looking down from the deck balcony I was pleased to see this guy.  I think he was warming up on the rock slab which had been in the sun.  I had not seen him since the guy came and cut up our old deck. I knew he wasn’t hurt but I really didn’t know where he had gone.  He may live in a burrow under my stairs or under the blue spruce tree.


I zoomed in on him and he was looking up at me with the camera looking down on him. As long as he never gets into the house and there are not too many of them I am glad to have him out there.

I mowed at the old place this morning and brought back a few of the last of peonies from there. I dug up some stray iris and a daylily that was suffering all alone under a tree.  My yard didn’t really need to be mowed.  It had been seven days but it could of gone a couple of more days.  I think I will wait eight or more days next time I go up there.  It is easier to mow now with the grass slowing down and not being so thick.

I am hiring my yard to be treated for one year.  If it makes it look really great, I will do it again.  If not, I won’t hire them again.  We were not here the first time they came to spray but yesterday I was here when the young man showed up to do a granular treatment.  He walked up to me and kind of ducked his head at first when he saw me.  When I saw him I told him I do know who you are.  I sub taught for about four years and I had Brenden in school for those four years.  I remembered him and he was really pleased. I stopped teaching when he was in his sophomore year.  He didn’t know that I was in a new town but he certainly recognized the name.  He has been going to the area college here for the past year and has a first year in accounting out of the way.

This is not a great photo but the rose is situated being a hosta and I can barely get to it to photograph it.  I had moved it out of the way of workmen temporarily. who put in the footings for the sunroom and deck.  I am glad that I had as they did tromp out some things. I may try to put it back where it originally was  planted, once the blooms are done.

It has been a busy day and I am glad to get the blog up.  Better late than never.  Thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good morning Larry, thanks for the visit and recent comment on a post about about current southern US road trip. It can be difficult to catch up with fellow bloggers and also to create your own posts. It’s why I try to only blog 3X a week and sometimes when traveling even that becomes hard to find time to do. You had a good photo capture of that chipmunk as he/she really stayed still for a photo op and the peonies were a lovely color.

Rose said...

Chipmunks are so cute...we used to have some around here years ago. I don't know what happened to them, but have not seen one in over 30 years here close.