Friday, October 4, 2024

Fallish Fall.....

 

The white clematis  struggled all summer.  It had a competing weed vine that I kept fighting and I wasn't around to water it. Finally this fall it put out this one bloom. The competitive weed is totally gone and I have dumped some water on it. I was surprised to see its bloom.   I planted another clematis next to it just recently so maybe the two will be good together. 



I can tell when it is fall when I look down at my tomato-sunflower  patch. They all look a lot weathered.  I did take one sunflower out as it had broken off in the wind. I have just a few tomatoes left on the vine so I will just wait until we get a good freeze to clear them. I may leave the sunflowers up as they look good in the snow.



It seemed cold today and I brought in the two oxalis.  I may take them upstairs to my living room display and bring down some weathered orchids.  It is nice to see them so healthy..



Another plant that I am going to take upstairs is the vine.  It is a bunch of vines stuck in an antique mayonnaise jar.  I like how healthy it looks and it will class up my living room display a lot. I looked up the word and spelling of philodendron.  I usually say the word with an m at the end instead of an n. I hate to throw live plants away so I cut back on my one planter of them and then stuck them in this old jar that I found in my shop. I have to work at keeping water in it. 

 


 

A few of the knock out roses are still blooming. I suspect they need to be watered but that isn't going to happen this time of the year. Our ground is dry and we are getting little moisture from the sky.  We had a lot of thunder and lightening last night but our measurable rain was almost not measurable.  I think it was reported as being 0.05 of and inch. Things are shutting down now so it just doesn't matter. Farmers are finishing up with their harvest early this year and we have burn bans in most of the counties. We are having another windy day today and it is cold.  I wore a parka while outside clearing some things in the gardens. I trimmed back a bush and took out more of the invading creeping phlox.

Thanks for stopping by today.


No comments: