Thursday, October 3, 2024

Happy Fall....


 


 


 


 


 It was a busy afternoon yesterday. I started to remove the new refrigerator door and changing its opening direction. My wife helped me keep track of all the screws with them piled on top, some on the counter, and some in my pocket.  In the middle of the job our neighbor lady came for some help with here phone. She used my cell phone and called the company to try to figure out her problem. All she needed from us was a place to sit at the dining room table and talk to people on the phone.  I went ahead and worked on the door and probably an hour later I got it changed.  I had no clue how heavy the door was going to weigh but I did handle it well. The switching of things meant remembering to do the opposite of everything that was removed and put it back together the opposite way.  When I thought I was finished I had three screws in my pocket. Oh yes they went into a place to fill in three empty holes opposite the bottom hinge brace.  Neighbor lady was glad for the company and admired how well my wife and I  worked together to get the job done. Judie went home and found out the company fixed her phone as she walked home. 

I do have some strained muscles today from crawling around on my knees but we are enjoying the switching of the direction of the door. It was cold this morning but now I have the air on for the afternoon.  It is fall in Iowa.

Thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

It's good when we can change the direction a door opens not all fridges are like that which can be so annoying

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like a big project, glad you got it done:)