Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Middle of the week....


 I have to walk to the very edge of the deck to get the sun in the photo. As the earth keeps tilting it will show up behind the house and I will have to wait for it to raise above it. I won't be able to photograph the sunrise with a sun for the entire winter



Looking in the opposite direction the clouds are picking up the light of the sun. Its a cold morning and we won't warm up much today. 



When I crop out all the surroundings you can see our leaves turning. There is a great variety of trees out there giving us lots of different colors. The old silver ma ple has already dropped a lot of its leaves.



I captured a glimpse of our old house in Woodward, Iowa while viewing an old neighbor's Facebook picture. She was sharing the photo of her new tree in her front yard that was changing colors.  I cropped out of the photo the house that has so many memories. We built the art gallery-studio on the right side of the house in 1986.It was a nice large room for display and frame shop. At the end was our studio space. The flippers turned it into a beautiful kitchen and dining room.  I later added the front porch gable with columns changing the look of an old farm house 1912, to a more modern variety of shapes and forms.  The flippers in town love gray paint and the house is in light gray. They have flipped two more houses now and they both are painted in a sad looking dark gray. I planted that birch tree in 1977, which makes it a 47 year old tree. It took a beating during a derecho four years ago and lost a section from it. 


I took so many pictures of it when we lived there for so many years. It was a 4 foot stick of a tree taken from our ditch in Minnesota on our property there in 1977.  I think it is the only birch tree in the entire town.

Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: