This is a ruby throat hummingbird. It has its back to the sunlight so he has a black band that should be reflecting bright red. I guess I need to move the feeder but it makes it more difficult for me to photograph. Its too high in the window. At certain times of the day the red shows up as he turns to fly away.
The female ruby throat has dots on its underneath of its chin. I have three or four of these out there now and sometimes two of them will drink at the same time.
The volunteer morning glories do take over things. I get aggressive and clip a lot of them every few days.
I picked some tomatoes today. It was very hot out there and the tomatoes do love hot weather. I have cut back some of the sunflower leaves at the bottom to help get more light on the tomato plants I worked out in the garden this morning until I got too down in the back using the grass trimmer. It also was getting too hot to be out there and my dark blue shirt was a poor choice for working out there today. thanks for checking in today.
No comments:
Post a Comment